Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stranded and naked

All muddy and dirty.

Finally, a road.

Emo usul ku ah. Btw that huge ant can jump!

Me, and uncle sulaiman

Standing on a cave. Hill cave to be exact.

Bouldering is no fun. Abg Boy and I sat down, because we were afraid of heights. Btw, That's Dihar behind me.

I'm still tired from being stranded on an island called Pulau Berambang. It was only a few kilometers away from our town and another few kilometers away from the boarder of Brunei and Sarawak.


Believe me it was a magical place. Ironically there's a civilization living there. The car has no license plate. Some have it, some don't. Some had half of it (at least they're trying). The kids drove around with motorcycle. It has one main road. They have newly built house but most of them are still made out of woods.

The island has no connection with the mainland. Their only hope is boat. When I first came there along with Abang Boy and his good friend Nas, we felt like sophisticated strangers from big city and suddenly came into the lives of these villagers. They looked at us with eyes wide open.

The Malays living on the island are very traditional. I was shocked that only the 'Ketua Kampong' has astro. Super traditional I'm telling you. No words could describe how very traditional these people are.

Anyway, we walked for few kilometers to the Ketua Kampong's house, he gave us visitor's book to sign it. He was kind enough to give us lift to BARA's camping site. We felt lie tourist in our own country.

We arrived at BARA's camping site. The organizers were already there. Only 13 of us. Ironically the head of organizer was my mum's ex boyfriend when they were still teenager AND IRONICALLY HER EX BOYFRIEND'S SON IS A STUDENT AT MS. FORM 5 2008! HAHA.

We hike to the rock climbing site. The hills were all steep and slippery. It's a 3 km walk, but half-way there, I got so sick and decided to rest.

Me: OMG, Abg Boy, I think I'm having altitude sickness... *tired tone*

Abg Boy: You can't have altitude sickeness at 900 meters above sea level! You only get them at 10 000 feet! Ngalih saja tu!

Me, all blurry and dizzy could only afford to listen to him. I was REALLY tired.

Abg Boy: OMG na! You're pale! Sit down!

So I sat down, drank water. Nas, Abg Boy and uncle sulaiman (my mum's ex) stayed with me while the rest proceed. It took me awhile to recover. At last my lips were no longer white and decided to proceed.

The adventure was an ass. I slipped few times, and finally after 3 km walk, we arrived at the rock climbing area. We camped there for awhile. Eat can food. Climb a bit.

Then we decided to head back home.

On our way down, we decided to take short cut. My god. We should have used that road earlier! It took us only half an hour using that road. But the hills, the soil are more dangerous and slippery, again, I slipped a few times. Some even slide back down. It was painful.

That's my adventure so far for this holiday. It sucks! But I'm doing it again.. SOMEDAY.. ;)

Abg Boy asked me about my condition before stepping on the steep irregular stairs. HAHAH.

Errrr. Cigarettes kept the insects away. HAHA.

Me, before all muddy and DIRTY ;)

0 comments: