Thursday, October 23, 2008

Greetings from Kitchen, wish you were queer

As I'm typing I couldn't help but to realize that my nephew is an arse who stepped on a broken glass ended up crying with blood all over his feet. PITY-PITY. Kesian...

Which reminds me of my childhood (well, it has nothing to do with my nephew's tragedy, but what the heck). I remember when I was young, December 1996. My family had a trip to UK to visit Abang Boy.

As a child, I was fascinated by the fact that there's a mosque at centuries year old christian-ruled country. Of course, my dearly beloved Abang Boy has no intention to disappoint me. So he decided to visit a mosque at central London with me!

Friday came, he went to the mosque with me for Juma'at Prayer like every other Muslim. We arrived at the mosque and went for a walk for awhile. As we walk, I realized everyone was looking at Abang Boy with this stupid annoying look on their face. I don't think Abang Boy realize that because he was busy talking about history-astronomy and all.

Then we met Imam who work at the mosque.

"Nice hair, where did you get it done?" The Imam said to Abang Boy.

Abang Boy was flattered by the fact that the Imam just compliment his strong-orange-colored-hair.

One question started to pop in my head; what's with all the other muslim staring at Abang Boy's orange head as if it was some kind of a devil? While the Imam said otherwise?

That was when my view in every aspects started to change. You don't need to be closed minded to be religious, cos it made you look stupid.

When I say stupid, I mean REALLY STUPID.

0 comments: