Thursday, October 2, 2008

First day with Nj

I’m too tired to blog. But hey, today is history. I’m going to talk about it.

So, first day of raya went well. DOY.

I lost Adrian at nini’s house next door.

I blew off my stomach at NJ’s open house.

I slept at dad’s couch at his home in Bunut.

How very ironic. But what caught my attention today is spending my raya at NJ’s. I mean SERIOUSLY, ke rumah kawan on the first day of raya? THAT’S RARE. HAHA.

NJ’s house is at Kg Buang Tengkurok. Scary name isn’t it? Wait till you get there, it’s like the scariest place ever. The never ending forest, mountains, stall which sells ‘jawi’ chicken at $3.80 etc. WEIRD place I’m telling you. I never thought that there’s actually civilization living there.

I took me an hour to get to her house; of course, it could have been faster if my mum uses the short cut. When I say fast, I meant the difference is 45 mins or so. HAHHHH.

So arrived at Nj’s place situated on top of mountain. The walls are painted with yellow and it has green roof. I was hesitating to get myself out of the car. Her house looked different from what I see on Google earth.

Me: Mum ke dapan sikit, liat garage nya dulu.

*Mum accelerates*

There I saw, YELLOW ford. The only YELLOW ford in Brunei.

I straight away knew the house is definitely Nj’s. HAHA.

I said my goodbye to mum and Adrian, out of the car and stood in front of the main entrance of Nj’s house.

The first one to greet me was Nj’s sister, Nadia followed by her brother YMRM Nazmi and her parents. (Nj was at the kitchen).

Nj was wearing the same outfit she wore during sungkai with 5c (haha, expose eh). Ironically, Nj doesn’t know how to socialize outside school EVEN with her own friend. Tsk tsk.

She has nice, cozy living room. Colorful Cornish, orange ceiling, pink curtains, red and green chairs… AGH, I made it sound ugly, but you should go there. It’s a nice-welcoming-place.

So, I sat down and Mr.Nazmi (haha) offered me two glasses of soya bean. I have no idea what’s with the two glasses. But it got me thinking for awhile, maybe because the radius of the glass is quiet small, so it can only hold limited amount of volume. IS THAT WHY I HAVE TWO GLASSES? Hm, it still got me thinking why.. HAHHH.

I took a look around at her place (EXCEPT HER ROOM!). It was depressing to see NJ with curly hair when she was young. I wanna say she looked cute. (but, couldn’t say that out loud cos I have a reputation to handle. HAHA.)

Anyway, Nj’s open house offered quiet interesting meals. East meets west. It has satay, spaghetti, nasi, ayam etc. But since I just had meal at my grandma’s, I could only afford to eat little amount of satay and spaghetti only.

After I finished my meal, Nj and I browsed the internet using her Macbook. Hahhhhh, awesome. It was quiet confusing that she has two televisions playing different channels at the same time. I was torn to watch between astro or rtb. HAHA.

Nj’s mum saw that I finished my drink. Then she offered me a can of soya bean again. SHE OFFERED ME TWICE. And I said yes at each offer. By the end of the drink, I found my stomach was about to burst. It was too full. HAHA.

It was fun celebrating raya at Nj’s. You get to know her family. HAHA. I mean really, guys, Nj’s dad is not really that scary. I think he’s funny. Do not trust your first impressions guys.. HAHA. And NJ atu urang kampong aying rupanya….

Before I went home, I showed Adrian off to NJ. I think it’s about time she meet him in person. HAHA. Ms.Nadia (haha) offered Adrian candies. He went hyper/wild after that. Tsk. Tsk.

Nj’s mum gave me green packet! HAHA. ENVELOPE FROM SIN KIEW HIN! Macam rare jua tu! Sakai ku eh. Haha.

Till next time,

Izuana

SELAMAT HARI RAYA!

0 comments: